For 2020, the board will hold public meetings on the following dates:
- February 26, 2020
- May 27, 2020
- August 27, 2020
- October 15, 2020 (Annual Meeting)
You may always contact any of the board members by email at any time. If you have any questions about this schedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The January meeting has been cancelled. If you have any items for the board, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com.
Upland Green Homeowners:
As we welcome the new year and distribute the dues notices, we wanted to take some time to both share and request information.
- Dues are $280.00 a year and may be paid quarterly or in one payment. We offer a $30.00 discount (so $250.00!) for those who pay in full by January 31st. Homeowners who do not make any payment by February will also be assessed a monthly finance charge of $2.55 beginning on March 1st. Please note the finance charge is only assessed to those who have not made ANY payment.
- You may now pay for your dues by credit card! There is a service fee of $9.77 if paying $280.00 ($8.75 if paying $250.00 in January). If you’d like to pay with credit card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your phone number. Oscar will call you to take the information (do NOT provide credit card information in the email).
- Our website is http://uplandgreen.org. If you don’t find what you are looking for there, let us know.
- We have a Facebook Page – facebook.com/uplandgreenhoa/. Be sure to like us!
- It is the responsibility of each homeowner to ensure that their tenants are familiar with the rules and regulations of our community (all of which may be found on our website). Take the time to reach out to your tenants. Remember any violation penalties will be billed to and are the responsibility of the homeowner!
- Following on the above bullet, please provide the association with your tenant’s contact information (name, address, phone number, email address). This information may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to us.
- For all homeowners, if you haven’t previously, please either mail or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) us your phone number and email address.
- If you are currently using the Overflow Parking lot, please make sure that your vehicle registrations are current and that we have a copy. Failure to do so will result in loss of use of the lot. Please also mail in your 2020 payment.
- If you wish to secure a spot in the Overflow Parking lot, please complete the Upland Green Homeowners Association Overflow Parking Regulations & Agreement (available on the website) and mail it and the yearly $180.00 payment to the above address.
- The Secretary position is open. If interested, please contact any board member!
- As a reminder, per the Rules & Regulations of the Upland Green Community Organization “Trash, recycling and yard waste containers must be kept in sanitary containers concealed from the view of any Lot.” Respect your neighbors and the community – store the containers out of sight!
If you have any questions, comments and/or concerns, please attend the Board meeting on January 22nd, at 7:00 p.m. at Kamiakin Middle School, Room 129, or contact us via email.
Happy New Year!
Please drive slowly and carefully through our community!
There are two more meetings scheduled for 2019.
- The board will be meeting on Wednesday, September 18th, at 7:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at Kamiakin Middle School in Room 127. All homeowners are welcome.
- The Annual Homeowners Meeting will be held on Thursday, October 17th, at 7:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at Kamiakin Middle School in Room 127. All homeowners are encouraged to attend. The board for 2020 will be selected and the budget ratified.
We have two board positions open – Secretary and Community Relations. If you are interested in serving, we’d love to have you!
As posted in the Kirkland Reporter (March 26, 2019):
On March 11, the city launched Our Kirkland, a new app and online service that allows community members to report issues and track their resolution on their smartphone, tablet or home computer.
Our Kirkland is a user-friendly online customer service portal that gives residents a streamlined opportunity to report non-emergency issues such as potholes or graffiti, request services and contact the Kirkland City Council. The new service request portal is accessible through the city website via any desktop computer and is available as a free mobile app that can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
“The city is excited to offer this new tool to our community members,” Kirkland city manager Kurt Triplett said in a city press release. “The City Council funded Our Kirkland as part of their ongoing commitment to customer service and responsiveness. The Our Kirkland app is designed to make it easier for community members to report concerns and view responses from city staff.”
All homeowners and tenants with a vehicle in the Overflow Parking Lot – Please note that we will NOT be performing any maintenance in March. So, it is NOT necessary to move your vehicle out of the lot the week of March 10th.